Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Bekal Fort

I hope everyone had a gr8 weekend!! I have few more things to share about Kerala. The next day we made a trip to The Bekal Fort!!! I have never been to a fort before! This place was beautiful.. it was large and green. I have seen this place a lot of times in movies.. but witnessing it with my naked eyes was a different experience.


Bekal Fort is the biggest fort in Kerala and its spreads over 40 acres. It is more than 300 years old. The design of the fort tells that it has been built only for defence purpose!

This is the viewing tower.


The view of the Fort from the middle of the tower.
A closer view of the above picture.




It has a very long border and the road goes on and on.





The view of the arabian sea from the Fort. This Fort has been built to protect the country from invasion thru sea.






Lately this place has been a major attraction for tourists and nature lovers! I had a nice time taking pictures and listening to stories of this place!
I hope you enjoyed watching these pictures! Have a gr8 week!




11 comments:

Amazing Style said...

it looks like a picture from The Lord of the Ring. it's beautiful! I hope i will see it one day

Couture Carrie said...

What beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing these!

xoxox,
CC

Megan said...

This looks like fun!

Pop Champagne said...

what great pictures!!! wow!

Lover of Life said...

Beautiful - thanks for the tour.

BTW - You've been tagged - please visit my blog post for today.

Anonymous said...

hey it is a superb place i have been there with my mom and uncle .v had lots of fun there .i will never forget that day in my life .kerala is truly GOD's own country

Geri Wu said...

beautiful pictures!

xx, Geri
http://lovegeri.blogspot.com

Nicole Marie said...

wow gorgeous

DEXTER said...

hey!! amazing pics yaar!! all green n natural.. wld love to live there for eternity!!

naga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vikku said...

Awesome! I wish to visit these kind of places..

 
IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community