Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just Something!

I had the busiest weeks ever! I had no time to even text my friends or chat with them, I was filling my record pages and writing assignments and I did all the work that an engineering student will do! I have never spent two weeks so fast! I’m really sorry for not visiting your blogs; I will do that pretty soon. I wanted to do something to keep me blogging regularly, and I don’t know how to do that, somebody help me to do that!

I have no idea what to post now, so I’m going to post some silly, please forgive me for that! I have read a book recently which has this opening poem,

Sing me no songs of daylight,

For the sun is the enemy of lovers.

Sing instead of shadows and darkness,

And the memories of midnight

Sappo

I find this petite opening poem very romantic! If you are a fan of Sidney Sheldon then you would have probably recognized it. I love to read books and I don’t sleep properly till I reach the end. The book becomes my world. And I’m a DIE HARD FAN OF SIDNEY SHELDON.

He is an amazing author and has written page-turning thrillers. In his books, the women plays the lead role and that’s something I love. Women in his books are bold, beautiful and very determined and know what they want. They are strong where they should be and are weak where they should be! And you will find some of your traits in the women in his books and that keeps you reading till the end.

I read his book RAGE OF ANGELS and I have to tell you I couldn’t stop thinking about the lady Jennifer Parker, in that book. I also had strange dreams about her. If you are a girl I suggest you to read Sidney Sheldon’s books! Some people say they are bored of his books, but I always find them breath taking! Some of his books that I loved are TELL ME YOUR DREAMS, MASTER OF THE GAME, RAGE OF ANGELS, WIND MILLS OF GODS and ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?

Okay I stop here. Hope I didn’t bore you guys! And I need a help from you.. if you are book lovers please suggest me some good authors. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK DEAR FRIENDS…!!

11 comments:

DEXTER said...

hey! nice tribute for such a great writer!! i've read half of his books n i've loved em all!! Rage of angels s my favorite so far!! hope u n i complete d rest of his books by dis year-end.. he will live forever through his books!!

Shankar said...

wow.. A very good post... nice one pranksy...

evanescentthoughts said...

nice post.. I sadly havent read a single Sidney Sheldon book so far :( I dont know why I never read any..

Pop Champagne said...

great tribute! yeah lately I've been finding less and less time for blogging as well :( hmmm hopefully we will both get back to blogging soon! And totally agree on your Pam Anderson comment, she spends too much money on her boobs, like she wants them huge, then she decides to get them smaller, then she wants them huge again? geeze.

pve design said...

Reading is so personal - I loved "Girl with a Pearl Earring" Tracey Chevalier- I will go to my shelf and come back with more books for you - I love to read and when I do, my family follows.
pve

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely poem!
I love anything by Borges!

xoxox,
CC

Shilpa Garg said...

I love Sidney Sheldon too!! I have read all but one! Today, at the bookstore saw the new one...Mistress of the Game!!

Have you read Mary Higgins Clark? You'll love her too...Nighttime Is My Time, I'll Be Seeing You; Weep No More, My Lady; Remember Me; Daddy's Little Girl...are some of her amazing books.

Try Indian Authors viz.. The Zoya Factor by Anuja Chauhan or Almost Single by Advaita Kala, Sudha Murty's Dollar Bahu.

Then you have Khaled Hosseni's the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns!!

Read any of them??
Happy reading! and happy blogging too! :)

Inty swetha said...

Dexter-We both are Sidney freaks!

Shankar- Thanks dear!

Evanescentthoughts- ha ha :) why don't you try to read one?

Pop- Yeah i know that crap!!

Pve Design- I shall try that book pretty soon!

Couture Carrie - i shall try that author dear.. thanks!

Shilpa - Thanks shilpa!! you have given me a good list.. i think i wont struggle for few months about the books to read..

pra said...

I love Sidney Sheldon too.I haven't read this book yet but I will soon read it!

Sat_hi_sh said...

I started reading novels because of Dan Brown ,i love the thrills in his books ,but going by ur views i think Sidney Shelton's works will be a good read for me :)


hey btw i love ur blog especially the illumating path with the mouse cursor ...

U have a new follower :)
keep blogging
cheers!!!!

Noble Beeyotch said...

Thank you for making a post about my fav author ever. Sidney wrote such intriguing stories with female protagonists.

My favorite was 'tell me your dreams'. I have read all 18 of his novels but 'tell me...' interests me every time i sit down to read it. The characters, storyline and the twists are all amazing!

You have written an amazing post. Kudos!

 
IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community