Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The festival of lights

Hi everyone! How are you guys doing? At last my headache is over! My exams went just fine and i never believed that I will have an easy time solving my exam puzzles! Now I have a month's time as preparation holidays! At least, I can blog regularly.

And I'm pretty excited because it's Time for a Grand Celebration! It's DIWALI - The festival of Lights. This is one of the most prosperous festival. On this day, people wear new clothes and light the diya(earthen lamp) and pray to God for having a prosperous.

What I like in Diwali is that, I can add few outfits into my closet and i will burst crackers till I'm tired of it :) Why do we burst crackers ? The sound of the firecrackers is heard by the Gods and this lets them know that the people in earth are happy and prosperous!

The festival is day after tomorrow and I have to start cleaning my room and buy something new and decorate my room and think about a wish to make on that day!(hmmm.. I wish I had a boy friend for a few days who would help me do all these things :P)

HAPPY DIWALI DEAR FRIENDS HAVE A PROSPEROUS YEAR!

15 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

So gorgeous and exciting, darling!

xoxox,
CC

DEXTER said...

i'm really looking forward for that day!.. same reason as u, new dress n i cld spend some time wth parents n school frnds!!
happy diwali to u!!

pRiYaN...! said...

yeah ! happy diwali dear !
this diwali is gonna b a great one for all us....enjoy !! cheersss !!

Shankar said...

Hey...happy diwali....

ha..ha.. hope you get a good boy friend within next diwali...

wishing u a happy diwali...

My Castle in Spain said...

Happy Diwali sweet Inty!!
may your wish be realized!
i've seen you have a new crush :-)
(i still prefer Johnny Depp, though...)

am glad you liked Vicky, Christy Barcelona, very good isn't it ?

ps: thank you for your lovely comment on my work...i make my cards with...lots of patience!
xoxo

pve design said...

I wish I were there to help you as well as to witness this festival of lights. My neighbors are from India and they celebrate too. I love knowing bits of the rituals along with your customs.
pve

Esther said...

Happy diwali :) :) :) And I loved the cursor magic on your page.. i tried to write my name with the cursor it was fun heh :) :) Nice blog dear :) Keep bloggin :)

Michelle said...

Happy Diwali!

Noble Beeyotch said...

Happy Diwali, dear!! Hope you will have loads of fun!!...i can't wait to go diwali-shopping as soon as i get back home!

Star said...

Have a wonderful Diwali Pranksy. Thank you for explaining about the crackers. I love that idea. Please tell us more about your rituals sometime.
Blessings, Star

Kappa no He said...

I've always, always wanted to visit India. I love your blog and will have to visit more often. When I hear Pondicherry I think of "Life of Pi". That festival sounds dreamy!

Pop Champagne said...

hehe I used to love playing with crackers when I lived in Taiwan! Have a great festival :D

Nancy said...

Happy Diwali! Thanks for sharing a holiday with us, I love learning about other cultures. This one sounds great, nothing like a new outfit, friends and family!

lorenabr said...

Happy Diwali! I wish you all the best and you are right the pictures are just divine.:)

lorenabr said...

Your welcome, and Happy Diwali! Book and movie are both very good. :)

 
IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community